Monday, March 5, 2012

BKK



It's been a busy week.

Started out in this kick-ass hostel called Etzzz's. The rooms were huge and people were really cool, not bad for 200 baht a night. Day 2 I spent on the quest for my bike, and luckily the guy who had it was super cool. He was this Singaporean dude who was in charge of this hostel near Phaya Thai, he let me have the bike straight away. But as we talked we came on the topic of his plans to take a cycling trip to Cambodia 3 weeks from now. Call me gringo, crazy or blue eyed, but I let him have the bike until mid summer in exchange for him shipping it back to me.

Bike issue: CLEARED! *victory music*


Speaking of crazy, the other night when I wrote my girlfriend she said there was a guy on the island we were going to who was camping out with a tent. Safe to say, we decided that moment that we needed to do the same, so I went and got 2 camping hammocks complete with mosquito nets and everything. So not only are we gonna be on this paradise island in the middle of this turquoise blue, pristine ocean, but we're gonna be sleeping under the stars suspended to coconut palms. Hard life.


I'm also on the 4th chapter of my app programming book and things are getting mighty interesting! I'm at the point now where I can actually make touch gestures, which when I look at the code makes so much more sense now that I've gotten the basics down. It's like any old coding language. Bekyobenkyobenkyobenkyo!!!!


So now I just came back from an awesome night at the Singaporean biker's hostel, he took me and another Canadian guy(who seemed like sort of a douche to begin with) out for some awesome night food. Of course it was sunday and most things were closed, but we managed to find some really nice stalls, so we headed back to the hostel with a few beers and once I got to talking with the guy it turned out he had just turned 19, and had been traveling since he finished high school. My inner canvasser awoke after a few beers and I spent the larger part of the night making them both understand that the world is going to face a cataclysmic end during our lifetimes and philosophizing about what one should do with the remainder of time one is given in life.

He was a pretty sweet guy in the end.

Turns out I was the douche for judging him.

Now I'm gonna go get my Hepatitis B vaccine from the rickety thai hospital around the corner.

Tomorrow, Kuala Lumpur!

No comments:

Post a Comment