Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Micropacking


Sometimes people ask me how I manage to travel for months with nothing but a small yellow backpack.

I thought I would give a rundown both so that I can remember myself and maybe so others can see that you don't need to pack half your goddam house when backpacking.








So here's my pack list for this trip(besides passport, money, etc..):

  • Yellow Kånken
  • Extra cloth bag for laundry/souvenirs 
  • Camera with charger
  • Nook
  • iPhone + charger
  • Computer with charger & mouse
  • World power adapter
  • Diary
  • Towel + Washing rack
  • Vibram five-fingers shoes
  • 2 T-shirts
  • 2 Wifebeaters
  • Shirt
  • Rash vest
  • Shorts
  • Swimming trunks
  • 4 pairs of underwear
  • Socks for flippers
  • Mask & snorkel
  • Food container + Spork
  • Flashlight
  • Poncho
  • Bag of candy
  • Wash bag containing the following:
    • Toothbrush & Toothpaste
    • Burt's bees res-q ointment
    • Tigerbalm
    • Floss
    • Sewing kit
    • Bactroban ointment
    • Spray-on band-aid
    • Ibuprofen
    • Suction cup with hook
    • Lush solid shampoo + Tin
    • Scrub glove (because sometimes I feel dirty)
    • Hair brush
    • Razors + Shaving gel
That's about all I can think of, but that'll get me through just about anything while at the same time being nice enough to my back to not have it consider me an asshole. 

And tomorrow: Bangkok

No comments:

Post a Comment